Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Matter of Driving Force




First and foremost, as our Psych class’ topics become indeed interesting, I have observed the increasing vitality, enthusiasm among my classmates towards the growth of our ‘involvement’ in the subject matter. Honestly, with our first few meetings, I had some worries with what’s going to happen with our class discussions, with the prevailing ‘mind-numbing’ setting, non-responsive participants (to which I belong, of course). Gladly, it was as if this New Year brought us the spirit of being active, that somehow, at least most of us, became such. Probably, as our mentor’s very evident move to shift to a new teaching method suggests too, there could have been something like an ‘impelling-cause’ that drove us to accomplish a particular goal (that is, as far as I perceived it, to have an interactive and enjoyable class discussion) and acquire a need (which could have been some sort of imparting knowledge in a thought-provoking way). For an instance, I was actually thinking if there was really an extrinsic factor which might have compelled us to change our attitude, our way of viewing the subject.

Life, encompassing all of its aspects, is the very evidence of a not so concrete force that drives one to exist and keep on persisting among all others. Inherent to all of us is a vital source of motivation allowing us to continue strive for and live our lives through the best way we can. To my knowledge, what actually motivates us to do the things we want or our body demands, for satisfaction and the like, varies from the extent to which it can create the eagerness in us up to that moment of recognizing and experiencing the feeling of being gratified. Hence, I believe and already understand why some people have relatively different type of motivation to keep them going, a degree which does not really pose any trend or pattern. For an instance, if I am to take the teacher’s part or that of a government social worker’s, to work for money would definitely matter but what may prevail to most of these individuals would be their passion to teach or help most especially the children in need, a passion as an element of their motive to do their job. Anyway, it depends on how people develop their motives in doing their activities and portraying their roles in life in particular. I personally, being a futuristic person, what drives me, at least in most of my activities, are the sense of accomplishment, success and comfort, thinking that if I will be able to conduct my endeavours at least close to the way I am expecting them to be, all efforts will be so rewarding. Evaluating myself, actually, I found out that most of the time, what motivates me essentially are various dreams and plans I have confirmed throughout my college life, those which I can’t pronounce in this paper for now, things I arrived at only after realizing that life is a continuous process and that entering college life signifies only another phase in my life. I’m speaking in behalf of my ideal side, one that I rarely make use of. While my motivations remain immaterial, the manifestations of it reside in the enthusiasm I express in every activity and task I am entitled to do.


Image used fr http://www.shafferfineart.com/The_Art_of_Walfrido.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.