Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday


It’s a typical Sunday. We decided to attend a mass in Virgen delas Flores Quasi in our place since we got off the bed early enough to catch the first mass. We usually attend mass at St. Peter Parish in San Jose, a nearby town, every Sunday at 9 am. Anyway, so we arrived at least 10 minutes before the ceremony started. We were looking for available seats in pews until Sister ___ (couldn’t remember her name, haha) approached me. We usually address the usherettes as Sister(s) but they’re actually not nuns.  Most of the time, I am always asked to bring the communion articles during opening rites. Well, it feels like as if I am redeeming myself (hopefully) for any sins I’ve committed during the week. This time around, she inquired if I can read a reading and I replied Yes of course. Memories came back as I thought of the times when I used to be the Bible reader behind the mass lectern during Friday Masses in my high school and sometimes in our foundation. It wouldn’t be a new experience to me. So I hurried to the opening line of the knights of the altar, lays and presiding priest. There it goes, I read the Second Reading and it felt like heavens got closer to me (I swear). It meant a lot for me. It also brought back the good old days of high school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.